Select Your Style

Choose your layout

Color scheme

Five Course Meal to Beauty

Five Course Meal to Beauty

Five Course Meal to Beauty

Article by Spa Gregorie’s Esthetician Sophia Parmenter

Who knew that the most radiant hair and skin aren’t always found in bottles, jars or in the beauty aisle at your local drugstore? Beauty really is skin deep when it comes from within! You can create gorgeous and glowing skin, hair and nails through the food you eat! When you eat clean, fresh, organic and foods in the most raw state, your skin glows, your pores are more refined, your lymphatic system is cleaner so you have no puffiness and you have bright eyes.

#1 Edible Beauty Food: COCONUT
Coconut is one of the highest sources of electrolytes found in nature. Young coconut water is identical to human blood plasma, making it the universal donor. Plasma makes up about 55% of human blood. The remaining 45% of our blood consists of hemoglobin, which is essentially transformed plant blood (chlorophyll). When we consume a drink consisting of 55% fresh coconut water and 45% fresh green leaf juice, we give ourselves an instant blood transfusion. Skin glows when your blood is healthy and clean. Coconuts have the ability to rejuvenate oxidative tissue damage and improve functioning of the nervous system. Those who suffer from candida and other fungal conditions can benefit from coconut water. Some forms of psoriasis and eczema on the skin are caused by a fungus and this can improve these conditions. Topically you can put the coconut oil on the skin also. I now make my smoothies in the morning and use coconut water in place of apple juice or orange juice.

#2 Edible Beauty Food: MACADAMIA NUTS
Growing up in Hawaii, this was a staple nut, in chocolate, garnished with fish; little did I know how amazing this nut was. Macadamias are very high in selenium, which builds superoxide dismutase the body’s most powerful antioxidant enzyme. They are also very high in the beautifying mineral, zinc. By now, you all have heard how important is it to take your fish oils and omegas 3, 6 and 9; well, they are the richest source of the beautifying monosaturated fat called oleic acid (omega 9). Macadamias are also high in palmitoleic acid, a fatty acid that works as an antioxidant, preventing deterioration of cell membranes. It helps to maintain and even restore burned skin. The overall combination of all oils plus zinc make it a wonderful skin beautifier.
Insider Tip: I love to make my own trail mix: I combine almonds, macadamia nuts, brazil nuts and dried cherries, sometimes I’ll even throw in some dark chocolate chips!!

#3 Edible Beauty Food: PAPAYA
My favorite way to start the morning! Papayas contain a large quantity of alkaline minerals (especially calcium).  Remember, we want our system to be alkaline, not acidic. Go on the computer and type in alkaline foods, increase these in your diet and eliminate acidic foods. Examples: Alcohol, Sugar, Meat–acidic foods are not so good for the skin and immune system. Papayas are also very high in collagen-healing vitamin C. After eating two papayas each day for a week, one will feel remarkably cleansed from the inside out. They greatly enhance skin beauty, nail strength, and hair luster. Also glowing eyes! Another interesting fact: papaya has anti-cancer properties as the enzymes eat the protein-laden material surrounding certain tumors. At Spa Gregorie’s, we use the papaya enzyme topically on the skin in our divine pumpkin peel. The skin looks and feels like new! I always make sure I try to eat this fruit and also get my Arcona peel every 4 weeks.

#4 Edible Beauty Food: RADISHES
Radishes are perhaps the most beautifying of all foods; they are high in sulfur, silicon, and vitamin C, all which play a major role in connective tissue formation. The three work together to create glowing skin. They also contain a lot of vitamin B9 folic acid, great nerve strengtheners.

#5 Edible Beauty Food: WATERCRESS

Watercress contains a complex array of minerals that help heal imbalances, such as anemia, thyroid imbalance; and for the skin, it helps heal eczema and acne. Watercress has high amounts of iron, copper, calcium, vitamins A, B1, B2,C, and E. It neutralizes waste products throughout the blood and lymphatic system; it increases circulation while delivering minerals to the cells. This brings color and luster into the skin, face, lips, eyes, and hair.
To email Sophia with questions or comments, click here!


Marketing Spa Gregories


Comments are closed.