Spa G was green before green was the thing to be. Our Spa continues to focus on its own efforts and also helps others with tips for going green.
Read about our green efforts in the spa. Visit our blog to learn more eco-friendly, green tips!
“We won’t have a society if we destroy the environment.” – Margaret Mead
Spa G is saving trees –
• Reduced guest intake forms to ½ page
• Reduced guest feedback forms to ¼ page.
• Recycling all printed papers (either printing on opposite side or recycling into note paper).
• Implemented a smaller printed menu – from 16 pages to 4.
• Spa G staff switched from using paper coffee cups to mugs that can be cleaned and reused.
• Spa G is saving bags – we now asks guests if they need a bag when purchasing retail products.
• Less Waste – we offer small flats bags with purchases if needed.
Spa G is saving energy –
• Converted incandescent bulbs to fluorescent and LED
• Tinted windows to reduce energy costs at all locations.
Spa G is eco-friendly –
• Spa G now uses unbleached paper towels throughout the spa.
• Spa G used low emissions paint throughout the spa.
• Spa G uses eco-friendly cleaning supplies.
• Implemented “Green” printing – our menus are on recycled paper, printed with soy ink, and have aqueous coating as opposed to varnish.
• Spa G staff now recycles all consumed bottles and cans.
• Spa G uses and carries organic facial product lines including Arcona and Epicuren.
• Spa G is a founding member of The Green Spa Network
• Spa G has low flow toilets and showerheads.
Spa G’s Signature line is eco-friendly –
• Minimal amount of paper is used, everything is sent digitally when possible
• Recycled paper is used for packaging and for literature when possible
• No animal derived ingredients
• No animal testing
• All packaging is recyclable
• Product is made locally for Spa Gregorie’s which reduces energy and reduces carbon footprint
• The formulation was founded on a “do no harm” to humans or the environment outlook
• No display boxes are used which wastes paper
• Product is not double boxed in shipping which reduces waste
• Use of recyclable peanuts in shipment
• No phthalates are used that can get into the water stream
• No Formaldehyde releasing ingredients such as: Imidazolindinyl Urea, Diazolinyl Urea, DhDM Hydantion, and Quaternium – 15
• Products are paraben-free