How to Get Breakout-Free Skin: Part 5
(Part 5 of 7) By Sophie Parmenter, Spa Gregorie’s Lead Esthetician and Trainer
My Top Skin-Friendly Nutrients:
ALPHA LIPOIC ACID – decreases skin roughness
COENZYME Q10 – lessens crows feet
GREEN TEA EXTRACT – neutralizes free radicals protects against sun damage
SELENIUM and SILICA – improves skin elasticity, fights wrinkles, helps brittle hair and nails
VITAMINS C and E – high antioxidant, lightens age spots reduces fine lines and wrinkles, rebuilds collagen
POMEGRANATE EXTRACT and RESVERSATOL – protects against free radicals and decreases fine lines
Here are ways to implement supplements into our bodies:
- ALPHA LIPOIC ACID: red meat, organ meats such as liver, and brewers yeast have this high in content. You may also take in capsule form; 20-50 mg per day recommended.
- COENZYME Q10: salmon or tuna, whole grains, or capsule form 30-200 mg recommended.
- GREEN TEA EXTRACT: I have as a tea or put in fridge as an iced tea drink. Add in cranberry juice to spice up your tea, preferably decaffeinated and organic when buying your tea bags!
- SELENIUM: crab, liver , fish , poultry and wheat all have this. If taken in supplement form, 60-90 mg a day.
- SILICA: most fruit and veggies have this, but I purchase in a gel form and add to smoothies!
- POMEGRANATE EXTRACT: you may get the fruit when in season. Also Trader Joes has them already opened and prepared for you. I sprinkle on my yougurt with some granola and honey. Or buy the juice and add to smoothies. It also comes in a capsule form in the antioxidant section!
- RESVERSATOL: Most popularly found in red wine!! Also found in capsule form; 100 mg a day is recommended.
Sophia’s Special Tips I bet ya didn’t know!!!!
- Stay clear of overeating sushi, because its RAW it can contain higher levels of bacteria.
- Come early to the spa before your appointment and sweat out toxins regularly in the sauna.
- Spa Gregorie’s offers Lymphatic Massage, which will help move toxins along.
- Wash your pillows as well as pillow cases to remove microscopic bacteria that can be trapped in your pores